We are your Vermont State Colleges.
We are Castleton University, the Community College of Vermont, Northern Vermont University, and Vermont Technical College. We exist for the benefit of Vermont and this year, we’ve teamed up with the state to offer Vermonters attending our institutions millions of dollars in scholarships, free tuition, and other financial aid opportunities.
Are you transferring to a Vermont State College this fall?
- We’d like to offer you a Welcome Home Scholarship!
- Eligible students are Vermonters transferring to a Vermont State Colleges institution from an out-of-state school OR Vermonters who left college between March 1, 2020 and May 1, 2021.
- Scholarships are available for full-time and part-time students. We can provide you with a scholarship of up to $5000 (up to $3000 for part-time students) next year to help you work toward completing your degree at one of the Vermont State Colleges. Terms and conditions may apply. Learn more by contacting our colleges' admissions offices.
Do you have some college credits but no degree?
- We’re offering Degree Completion Scholarships in 2021-2022 for Vermonters to get you closer to achieving a college credential or degree.
- You must have been out of school for at least two years (prior to May 2019), you must have at least 40 college credits already, and you must be a Vermont resident.
- You can get free tuition for up to 30 credits in the 2021-2022 Academic Year.
- It’s not too late to go to college this fall. Contact our colleges' admissions offices to learn more about scholarship eligibility and how you can apply to a Vermont State College school today!
Can we offer you FREE TUITION in 2021-2022?
- We’re offering FREE TUITION to Vermont students enrolled in certain certificate and degree programs next year.
- Tuition is “last-dollar,” meaning it’s applied after state and federal gift aid, such as the Vermont Grant and the Federal Pell Grant.
Free Tuition is available for students enrolled in the following programs:
Terms and conditions may apply. To learn more about your eligibility, click on the links for each of the colleges to reach their admissions offices.
Vermont Technical College
- Continuing Education and Workforce Development Apprenticeships:
- ALL Nursing Programs:
There are also tuition-free opportunities available at our schools through the Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (VSAC)!
- Learn more about a tuition-free class with the GREEN MOUNTAIN GRAD Gift for 2020 and 2021 Vermont high school grads!
- 802 Opportunity Grants make it possible for any degree-seeking adult or traditional student with a family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $50,000 or less to attend the Community College of Vermont tuition-free, beginning September 1, 2021. Contact VSAC to learn more!
While you’re here … did you know that exciting plans are on the horizon for our schools and our students?
In 2023, Castleton University, Northern Vermont University (at Johnson and Lyndon), and Vermont Technical College will unify under one accreditation to form a single university across our current campus locations. This university, along with the Community College of Vermont, will provide the added benefits of:
- Any Vermonter, regardless of zip code, will have access to a quality, comprehensive education at the Vermont State Colleges.
- Our future students will have greater access to a broader and deeper range of courses, faculty, and extended activities.
- Our graduates will gain an even larger alumni network to tap into for inspiration and career success.
Learn more at www.vsc.edu/transformation.